“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” — Winston S. Churchil
QUALITY HEALTH CARE
THE PATH OUT OF POVERTY BEGINS WHEN LOW INCOME COMMUNITIES CAN ACCESS QUALITY HEALTHCARE AND A GREAT EDUCATION.
In rural communities, especially in the Niger-Delta, we focus on raising awareness and provide skills on community and environmental health to promote and improve preventable disease practices. This we believe will help them lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. Across the Niger-Delta region, we seek to ensure that all people—especially those with the fewest resources—can access the opportunities they need to stay healthy.
OUR HEALTH INITIATIVES
- Promote and support initiatives for inclusive and quality obstetrics
- Raise awareness and provide skills to promote and improve preventable disease practices.
- Raise awareness and support initiatives to prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis (TB), Cholera, Smallpox, Influenza (flu), Dengue fever, Hepatitis A, Trachoma, and all forms of Sexually Transmitted diseases (STDs) including HIV AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, Gonorrhea and Syphilis.
- Raise awareness, advocate and support initiatives to prevent and reduce non-communicable diseases such as Cancer, Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes and Chronic kidney diseases.
EMPOWER THE POOREST
ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND GIRLS,
TO TRANSFORM THEIR LIVES
THAT BY GIVING PEOPLE THE TOOLS THROUGH EDUCATION TO LEAD HEALTHY, PRODUCTIVE LIVES, WE CAN HELP THEM LIFT THEMSELVES OUT OF POVERTY.
Every year, thousands of people in the Niger-Delta region find ways to transition out of poverty. We know women and girls have a unique power to reshape societies, so we invest in educational and empowerment programmes which then has a ripple effect, helping families, communities, and the country.
OUR EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVES
- Advocate, initiate and support interventions aimed to prevent and reverse adult illiteracy in the Niger Delta.
- Promote and support initiatives for inclusive and equitable quality child education at the grass root level.
- Affordable and accessible quality education interventions for vulnerable groups at all level.
- Promote and support initiatives that employ education as a tool for youth empowerment and sustainable development.
INSPIRE YOUNG PEOPLE TO TAKE ACTION TO IMPACT THEIR COMMUNITIES
OUR RESOURCES ALONE ARE NOT ENOUGH, SO WE WORK TO CHANGE PUBLIC POLICIES, ATTITUDES, AND BEHAVIOURS TO IMPROVE LIVES.
We partner with governments and the public and private sectors, and foster greater public awareness of on social issues in the Niger-Delta while also raising other young volunteers to help us achieve our goal of reducing ignorance, diseases and poverty in the region.
OUR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
- Support, initiate and provide quality capacity building for youths on strategic leadership, peace building and conflict resolution.
- Advocate and support initiatives for inclusion of women and girls in community governance and peace development.
- Youth entrepreneurial skills development and practices at community and local government level. Promote and provide career guidance and counselling to youth for creative life career empowerment and constructive engagement.
- Through our Inspire2Apsire programme we provide mentorship for young people in secondary schools
WORKING TOGETHER TO IMPROVE LIVES IN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES
We recognize that improving people’s lives often happens at the local level, where individuals take action in their own communities.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS DRIVE OUR WORK
Our Partners, Donors and Staff are critical in achieving our vision of a Niger-Delta where every person has an opportunity